Do you want to spread Awe and Wonder throughout the world?
Do you have a growth mindset?
Does it inspire you to handle multiple variables and give clarity to chaos?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment?
Are you a team player?
Do you constantly look for solutions outside of the box?
ORB™ is currently hiring multiple positions for Assistant Sales Coordinator for our North American Sales team located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
ORB™ is a major player in the toy industry, internationally recognized for their award winning brands and high quality products. Working at ORB gives you the experience of working in a major international company with the growth potential, hands on experience, and learning opportunities one would find in a much smaller company. ORB™’s main focus is to develop toys that create moments of awe and wonder for children all around the globe. ORB™ is full of fast paced excitement, collaborative creativity, and opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase order management and summary
- Manage back orders, change requests, special labels or packing requirements
- Summarize and report on orders in hand
- Coordinate efforts with Purchasing, HK/China Sourcing, US Warehouse and other teams to ensure on time shipping and compliance with customer requirements
- Prepare and maintain customer set-up documentation, agreements, and other customer documentation as requested
- Create and maintain customer files
- Sample, graphics and presentation coordination with Marketing and Graphics teams
- For meetings, trade shows, and customers
- Prepare and maintain reports on customer point of sale data
- Prepare and maintain sales and margin documentation and reports
- Maintain item specification database
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of two years experience working in a fast paced sales organization
- Experience coordinating interdepartmental tasks to accomplish common goals
- Strong Communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Travel may be required, must hold a valid passport
Please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Do you want to help create millions of moments of awe and wonder around the world?
Do you want to represent a company with world-renowned customer service?
Are you a person with a growth mindset who can motivate and excite multiple teams?
Can you drive timelines and results in company currently experiencing an exciting period of hyper growth?
ORB™ is a major player in the toy industry, internationally recognized for their award winning brands and high quality products. Working at ORB™ gives you the experience of working in a major international company with the growth potential, hands on experience, and learning opportunities one would find in a much smaller company. ORB™ is full of fast paced excitement, collaborative creativity, and limitless opportunity!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring Brand Profitability
- Managing the State Gate Process and Gantt Charts for new product development and line extensions
- Conducting sales GAP Analysis and implement strategies to fill the gap
- Owning product timelines from concept to the end of the life cycle
- Coordinate with multiple departments (product development, production, shipping/logistics, distribution, sales) to ensure results
- Collecting and distributing of product specification and costing information
- Understanding customer requirements and ensuring they are met
- Actively participating in process improvement projects
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- University Undergraduate degree in Business/Sciences/Engineering and/or equivalent work experience
- Analytical problem solver, attention to detail & effective decision making skills
- Clear and effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience with project management
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Experience in LEAN/Six Sigma considered an asset
- Experience working with Global supply chain preferred
May require International travel (valid passport required)
ORB™ operates within multiple times zones - occasionally work may be required during evening and weekends.
If you are the ideal candidate to join the ORB™ team, please forward resume to [email protected].
Illustrator and Graphic Designer
Do you want to hone great ideas into products that will help kids discover their own creativity?
ORB is a major player in the toy industry, internationally recognized for their award winning brands and high quality products. Working at ORB gives you the experience of working in a major international company with the growth potential, hands on experience, and learning opportunities one would find in a much smaller company. ORB’s main focus is to develop toys that create moments of awe and wonder for children all around the globe. ORB is full of fast paced excitement, collaborative creativity, and limitless opportunity!
This position is responsible for the design and execution of a variety of children’s toy and activity products with a focus on Digital Illustration and Drawing Skills.
- Brainstorming / Ideation
- Create 2D Illustrations utilizing Adobe CS
- Understand how designs function to maximize play value, production efficiency, and marketability
- Create unique and engaging designs with a sense of child-like cuteness, humor and fun.
- Research and evaluate the competitive landscape, take proactive steps to maintain a deep awareness of industry trends.
- Manage projects in cooperation with our Hong Kong based sourcing and production team.
- Execute on multiple projects to meet production schedules
- Work closely with all functional areas of the company to accomplish tasks within budgetary & technical constraints.
- Decorative Typography / Logotype Design
- Ability to communicate ideas quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Problem solving
- Drawing & rendering – both manually and digitally
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Prototyping skills and Sculpting ability a plus.
- Ability to think logically and creatively
- Ability to maintain a consistent illustration & design style within specific product lines.
- BFA or equivalent
- Ideally 3+ years experience in a product design and development environment
- A high level of creativity and innovation with a passion for making things
- Must be able to communicate concepts and ideas in writing and verbally as well as through prototypes and renderings
- Ability to adapt to and manage changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with people at all levels within a team environment
How to Apply
Please send sample portfolio images and a resume to [email protected]
Note that you will not be considered for an interview without sending visual examples of your work.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.